Responsible for leading costing activities to support SA Automotive’s growth in targeted areas. Position utilizes a blend of Engineering, Manufacturing and Costing skills to develop and align costs with market. Requires interaction with Product Line Managers, Manufacturing, Finance, Marketing, Account Managers, Engineering, Program Management, Logistics, Purchasing, and occasionally Executive Management.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time:
• Lead internal costing activities to support timely submission of RFQs, APR requests by BU
• Organize kick-off meeting(s) to facilitate gathering cost inputs from MFG, Eng, Purchasing
• Coordinate with internal teams to ensure direct and indirect cost accuracy
• Consolidate and organize cost inputs to develop cost estimates
• Develop price logic and recommendations with Sales to achieve targeted profitability
• Align price and costs with external environment (market/customer), and with internal strategy
• Develop and refine cost-models to improve costing processes for SA’s product lines
• Gather market research and maintain market price data to help validate target costs with Marketing
• Review cost-trends with Purchasing and Manufacturing to support development of countermeasures
• Perform cost-benchmarking internally and externally and report gaps and countermeasures
• Support Product Line Managers in assessing competitiveness for targeted segments
• Participate in standard cost reviews, and analyze variances for identified product lines/programs
• Analyze requirements and specifications of a part to determine the component and vendor tooling cost throughout the development process. Identify and quantify cost elements, such as labor costs, material costs and production cycle times.
• Evaluate design options, develop best practices, procedures and innovative solutions to improve product cost.
This job requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree preferably in Engineering, Finance/Costing and Manufacturing fields; and 3 to 5 years of position-related experience. The ideal candidate for this position would have a manufacturing and / or engineering background with a strong interest in finance. They would be responsible for creating cost targets and supporting engineering / purchasing in achieving benchmark level costs.